Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Before and After

Minus a couple of little things, our living is finally usable again! Jeff worked his butt off getting it ready for Lily's b-day party. I know he didn't appreciate my nagging, but it paid off! It looks so much bigger opened up more to the kitchen and playroom. I know we will get a lot of great use of this space. I finally feel like one part of this home feels like us (as Jeff put it-we brought a little bit of Janney back into our lives).

You will remember this-the mini bar behind the brownish/maroon doors...
Now here is a look at that same wall. There is an opening to the playroom and a bigger opening to the kitchen. No more mini bar. I will just have to mix drinks in my kitchen :)

Here is the view of one side of the living room before...
Here it is after...We went with a brownish/gold color on the walls. It really turned out beautiful and cozy!

Remember the rough cut cedar beams and popcorn ceiling before?
Here is my newly textured ceiling with new fan and pretty white beams!

This was the fireplace corner before we even moved into the house...
This is now the most beautiful part of the room. Jeff's new fireplace surround and mantle look so nice with white trim!
I am so thankful to have a very talented husband who works very hard to make every detail perfect. Now, what should we get into next?? :)

No comments: